As a Navy Electronics Technician Submariner you’ll work at the leading edge of technology on high-tech systems and equipment, while enjoying:
• a good salary plus generous Super
• ongoing investment in your personal and career development
• free medical and dental
• job security and a good work/life balance
• rewarding work and world-class trade training
• subsidised accommodation
• a supportive team environment
• travel and leave entitlements
• free access to sports and fitness facilities when on base
• friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus meaningful experiences such as joining humanitarian missions and supporting communities in need.
You are cruising deep beneath the ocean’s surface on a multinational exercise. The torpedo-firing system you’ve just serviced is about to be deployed to intercept a simulated incoming threat. The success of the operation is dependent on the quality of your work.
This could be a typical scenario for you as an Electronics Technician Submariner in the Navy.
It takes a special kind of resourcefulness to join the Deep Elite, living and working with a close-knit team in the unique environment of a Collins Class submarine. The rewards are many and varied and the onboard camaraderie is like no other.
You’ll be responsible for the maintenance and repair of:
• torpedo-firing systems
• navigation equipment
• communication systems, and
• other advanced technology.
It’s a far cry from repairing televisions and cable networks, and no two days will ever be the same.
Trained by some of the best in the business you’ll work with the latest tools and equipment, and learn highly sought-after skills across a broad range of electronic platforms.
Whether you’re already trade qualified, about to leave school, or seek a new direction, this is your chance to embark on a really rewarding and worthwhile career. Better still, you’ll be working for a dynamic organisation that offers a great lifestyle plus opportunities you simply won’t find anywhere else.
Sounds good? Then apply now (below).
• Fully-paid trade training
• Once trained, earn over $74,000 p.a. plus Super
• Numerous other benefits
• Based at HMAS Stirling near Perth
• Some of your time will be spent at sea
• At least 17 years of age
• Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Year 10 completion with passes in English, Maths (non-modified) and Science (preferably with Physics content)
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
Click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button to submit your application. For more information view the full position description here:
- Offered Salary$75,000 - $100,000
- Career LevelOther
- INDUSTRYEngineering, Logistics and Operations
- QualificationHigh School
- Company Websitehttp://www.defencejobs.gov.au