As a Marine Technician Submariner, you’ll repair and maintain a wide variety of systems and equipment while enjoying:
• a good salary plus generous Super
• ongoing investment in your personal and career development
• free medical and dental
• job security and a good work/life balance
• rewarding work and world-class trade training
• subsidised accommodation
• a supportive team environment
• travel and leave entitlements
• free access to sports and fitness facilities when on base
• friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus meaningful experiences such as joining humanitarian missions and supporting communities in need.
You are a key member of a submarine technical team, cruising deep beneath the surface on a multinational exercise. The propulsion systems you serviced hours ago are now being put to the test in simulated threat avoidance scenarios. The performance your captain is demanding of them relies on the quality of your work.
This is the type of situation you could face as a Marine Technician Submariner.
It takes a special kind of resourcefulness to join the Deep Elite, living and working with a close-knit team in the unique environment of a Collins Class submarine. But the rewards are many and varied and the onboard camaraderie is like no other.
In this important role you will specialise in engineering systems onboard and ashore. Through expert training and broad experience you will become adept at operating, monitoring and maintaining equipment across a diverse range of platforms, including:
• the ships’ main propulsion machinery
• associated propulsion control and monitoring systems
• electrical power generation and distribution systems
• auxiliary systems including air conditioning, ventilation and refrigeration
• liquid and cargo handling systems
• hull structures and fittings, and
• pumps, motors and ancillary system equipment.
You will also be required to manufacture, supply and install components to systems as part of a Fleet Support Unit work team.
World-class trade training will ensure you are multi-skilled, competent and safe to undertake your role as a maintainer. Better still, you’ll be working for a dynamic organisation that offers a great lifestyle plus opportunities you simply won’t find anywhere else.
Whether you’re already trade qualified, about to leave school, or seek a new direction, this is your chance to embark on a really rewarding and worthwhile career with the Deep Elite.
Sounds good? Then apply now (below).
• Fully-paid trade training
• Once trained, earn over $74,000 p.a. plus Super
• Numerous other benefits
• Any Navy base in Australia, based on needs
• Some of your time will be spent at sea
• At least 17 years of age
• Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Year 10 completion with passes in English, Maths and Science
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button to submit your application. For more information view the full position description here:
- Offered Salary$75,000 - $100,000
- Career LevelIntern
- INDUSTRYEngineering, Government, Logistics and Operations
- QualificationHigh School
- Company Websitehttp://www.defencejobs.gov.au